Thursday 5 February 2015

Throwback Thursday


Welcome to Throwback Thursday!

Because I haven't been doing much of the things I love to do- crafting, upcycling, decorating- I thought this would be a great time to start a tradition here at Mad Crafting Mama and therefore, Throwback Thursday has been born!

In my last apartment I had an itty bitty room (my boys shared a much larger one) and I wanted to decorate it a cheerful, warm, and cosy way. Turquoise and red was, and still is, one of my absolute fav color combinations and became my new bedroom color scheme. On a serious nickels and dimes budget I had to use things that I already owned, or could get for super cheap!

This old dresser had been in my parents basement for a while and was a hand-me-down from a family friend. It had underwent several paint jobs and was about to get yet another one! 

I had some red paint left over from a previous project which came in handy for the dresser makeover, and purchased a $2 can of white spray paint at WalMart for the handles.

The vintage mirror was a Facebook find, for a nice price of $20. It too got a fresh coat of red paint!

These little birds were a dollar store find at just $2 each. After a coat of red spray paint (another $2 purchase from WalMart) and I had myself a set of book ends. 

The headboard was another cheap Facebook find at just $10 (delivery included!) and was painted the same red as the dresser and mirror. 


The wooden LOVE was another dollar store find ($3) and was spray painted red as well. 

(You can see the aqua-ish walls in this pic as well!)

Unfortunately I don't have a completed room picture to show you the end result, but I think you can kinda envision it :) Lots of turquoise and red- cute and cosy! 

And that concludes the first of many "Throwback Thursdays"!

Until Next Time.....





 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melinda, thank you for the lovely comment you left me on my blog :-) I hope you do get to make a planter from your suitcase. I am in awe of your red dresser, & all the other accessories you have made for your room ... it all just looks fantastic. I look forward to seeing your completed room picture when it is all done. Keep up your amazing work ... Julie x0x

    ReplyDelete