Friday 13 February 2015

Friday the 13th.....5 boys, 1 Mom, and a Whole Lotta Pizza

This Sunday marks one of the greatest days of my life....the day my littlest boy Kaleb was born. He's turning 12 on Sunday and we have a nice family supper planned. My sister is making him a cake and our family of 8 (my parents, sister, niece, nephew, my 2 boys and myself) are having a turkey supper. We will give him presents and cards, eat cake, and have a lovely day together as a family.

But before that can happen, he is having a celebration with his friends. A SLEEPOVER celebration. And when is he having it? Yup, tonight on Friday the 13th. 

The sleepover started with pizza! 


Followed by video games and then a scary movie, while hiding behind pillows and plugging their ears at the really scary parts. 


And some ice cream....


The big bro even got in on the fun....


We did this last year on his birthday as well. I slept a total of 2 hours the entire night. You would think I had learned my lesson! Not so much. I did, however, not invite as many kids this year. It was a hard thing to do when Kaleb has so many friends and neither of us wanted to leave anyone out but with limited space it was something I had to do. So I asked him to choose friends that he spends the most time with and the list of 10 was narrowed down to 4! 

At midnight as I write, they are finally settled down a little itsy bitty bit. Mama is exhausted but they still have lots of energy left in them! 

Note to self....candy, bubble gum, chocolate bars, ice cream, potato chips, Pepsi and a group of 11 and 12 year olds are a lethal combination!

Until next time....






No comments:

Post a Comment