Friday 6 February 2015

Lets Chat!

Thank God it's Friday, and our weekend was made a few hours longer when school was closed this afternoon due to high winds and rain, and a flash freeze warning! The kids have been getting a lot of time off school over the past few of weeks due to the weather, and they are loving it. While I'm glad they are happy, I absolutely despise winter. I hate the cold, the snow, the slush and ice. Today, however, it doesn't look much like Winter...its raining hard and the wind is howling and the snow we do have is quickly melting (yay!). 
The view today from my living room window! 
 I hate Winter and am longing for the warm spring days when everything starts to bloom and the world becomes pretty again. Even more so I am longing for the hot days of summer relaxing at the beach, and the kids and I heading out on our mini adventures. 

How's the weather where you are today?

 Are you enjoying Winter? 

What's your favourite season?

This summer will be the final summer before my son Keenan graduates from high school. Each year he wants to tag along with his Mom (or Mammy, as he calls me when he wants to get his own way because he knows I think its just the cutest!)  less and less, but still does to keep me happy, only to have a good time anyway. However, I am not counting on this being the case once he graduates. I am sure by then he will not want to tag along, and for this reason I am declaring this summer our BEST SUMMER EVER!! We have plans to go zip lining, camping, road tripping, and much more and I cannot wait!! 

Oh, and I can't forget another fav part of summer.......YARD SALE-ING!! 

This weekend is going to be a slow one, and I am taking full advantage because next weekend will be anything but! I may try and work on the toy box that I found earlier this week at Goodwill.  



 So far all its gotten is a coat of primer and I am still not 100% sure of what new look its getting! Girls or boys? A cushion top or no? 


As I do whenever I need inspiration, I took to Pinterest and found some great ideas! 










So many options! I am leaning towards the nautical theme or zebra print. What do y'all think? 

I love everything nautical and given where I live (Newfoundland, next to the ocean!) I think it would suit our home and I'm thinking of doing some redecorating this Spring, starting with the bathroom. 





There is something very calming about the whole scheme don't you think? And the DIY possibilities are endless! 

Well y'all, that completes what's on my mind today! Tonight is movie night with my boys and I am looking forward to cuddling up and staying inside away from this nasty ol' weather! 

Have a great weekend!

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment