Sunday 25 January 2015

Christmas Crafts

So, Christmas is long gone, but since I wasn't blogging during the holidays, and Christmas is my absolute favourite time of the year (I think I was an Elf in a past life!), I decided to share with you a few of my Christmas crafts this year!

Let me start by saying Pinterest is the best idea ever! I love it and get so many of my ideas there, some are near exact duplicates but most I give my own twist, which is what I did with these word blocks and outdoor posts.







I made a lot of my crafts for a Christmas Fair which myself and a friend of my organized as a fundraiser in our small town, I was happy that it went over very well, raised a nice sum of money for the volunteer fire department, and my own sales of crafts and merchandise from my small home-based business made a significant profit of as well, which was a great financial help for this single Mom of 2 when Christmas shopping!

Snowmen Families made with 4x4 posts. These were customized for my customers. 


Christmas tree ornaments inspired by the Disney  movie Frozen.

Refridgerator Magnets made with pieces of driftwood. 
More Snowmen :)





My favourite Christmas crafts are centrepieces and home decor. I like to use things around the house that we have no use for and turn them into something beautiful, which is what I did when making this centrepiece.

This fireplace centerpiece was a birdhouse that my son had made years before at school but hadn't finished it, as well as an old set of wooden candle sticks that I found at goodwill for 50 cents!! (Another love of mine- goodwill and yard sale shopping for makeoever projects, but I will get into that another time.)


Since the holidays I haven't done any crafting. I have been dealing with a "down plase" of my bipolar and the energy just hasn't been there. However, I am feeling much better now and plan to start crafting again real soon, and I will, of course, post each and other one. 

Until next time... 



No comments:

Post a Comment